Please see the multiple job opportunities below.
1. The Salmon River Restoration Council is seeking a qualified and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Habitat Restoration Program Manager. This is by far SRRC’s largest and most dynamic program and we are looking for a candidate who is comfortable with managing multiple in-stream restoration projects in various stages of planning, design and implementation at all times.
The Habitat Restoration Program Manager is responsible for leading SRRC’s floodplain, tributary, mine tailing, and riparian restoration projects. This is a position that includes project management, grant writing and management, technical writing, data collection/management/analysis, and program staff supervision. Program management includes high level work and collaboration with partners, government agencies, tribes, and public stakeholders.
A successful candidate needs to have a sound understanding of in-stream habitat restoration, as well as relevant education or experience. The candidate needs to have experience overseeing restoration design and implementation, completing environmental compliance and permitting, have moderate to advanced GIS skills, experience managing staff and contractors, and good communication and organizational skills.
2. NMFS – I’m pleased to notify you of our vacancy announcement for two career-ladder Fish Biologists (ZP-II/III-482) working on offshore wind projects. One position will be in our Protected Resources Division and the other position will be our California Coast Division. The duty locations include Arcata, CA, Long Beach, CA, Santa Cruz, CA, Santa Rosa, CA, or Seattle, WA. The announcement will be open tomorrow for 15 days, from 10/30/23 to 11/14/23 (an extra day was added to recognize Veterans Day). You can preview the announcement now at:
Job Announcement # (MAP): NMFS WCR-24-12172704-ST
Job Announcement # (DE/CR): NMFS WCR-24-12172706-DE
This position has further promotion potential to a ZP-III, if selected you may be noncompetitively promoted if you perform successfully and if recommended by management. However, we only have the ability to hire someone at a ZP-II from the start.
3. Caltrout – Hi all, we just posted a new job announcement for another Chico-based project manager and we’re hoping you can help us spread the word. This person would focus on Battle Creek but may dabble in other east-side tributaries to the Sacramento River as well. Posting: BambooHR
4. RES – Klamath River – Klamath River Dam Removal Careers
RES is staffing up in California to work on restoration and monitoring for the largest dam removal and restoration project in the world. RES has positions based out of Yreka, San Francisco, and Sacramento.
5. Friends of the Dunes – Friends of the Dunes is currently seeking a dynamic leader to serve as Executive Director for our dynamic conservation nonprofit!
The Executive Director is responsible for leading the organization in its mission by executing the strategic plan and meeting financial objectives by cultivating an active and engaged board of directors, collaborating with staff and like-minded organizations, grant writing, promoting membership, community engagement, and business partner relationships. The Executive Director reports to, and works with the board of directors and supervises the Program and Operations Director and Stewardship Managers as well as working closely with a contract bookkeeper. The Executive Director represents the organization to government agencies, Tribal nations, various organizations, and the general public, and leads public outreach efforts to garner community support for the Friends of the Dunes’ mission.
Access the full job description, compensation, and benefits here. How to Apply: Send a resume, cover letter and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin reviewing applications on November 27th, 2023.